Friday, November 20, 2009

Super Vegetarian Meal


I love to cook for friends. Tonight, I had the very good pleasure of cooking for my friend Kellie. While I like cooking for myself, I certainly take much more care when the meal is for someone else. Why? Really, I should make delicious, simple meals for myself regardless of anyone being around. But, like some others, I sometimes take better care of others than myself. The great thing is that she's an adventurous eater too!


At any rate, tonight, I cooked a "Super Vegetarian Meal". In 30 minutes, I made a feast! Braised kale (high in vitamin K & A), roasted red potatoes and baby carrots (more vitamin A), and stuffed Portabello mushrooms (high in potassium). All of these items were simple and easy - requiring very little prep and time. The secret here is choosing prepared veggies for one part of the meal (the roasted veggies) and simple prep for all of the others. This meal is also high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals; just look at all of the color!


Kellie brought dessert - chocolate eclairs (how'd she know?!) - and wine. Friday night dinner at it's best!

No comments: