Sunday, December 26, 2010

Waffle Sandwich

Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my favorite foods. Perfectly crunchy outside and gooey melty middle. The contrast of textures and flavors makes for really good eats! Recently, I was feeling particularly spontaneous and especially in touch with my inner child when I decided that waffle makers are the perfect size to make a really interesting grilled cheese sandwich. It toasts both sides of the bread at the same time, so it's twice as fast! It's also perfect for making stuffed grilled cheese, say with lettuce and tomato, bacon if you must...you don't have to worry about everything falling out when you flip it. What? You don't make your BLT like that? Well, now you've got me worried.

Seriously, I've never been a fan of the single-task kitchen gadget. My waffle maker has been redeemed as a multipurpose quasi-panini. Or just a really silly grilled cheese machine. Enjoy!

No comments: