Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week One or My Quest to Become the Queen of the Grill

So we got moved into our much smaller quarters last weekend. We've been here a full week today! It's taking a lot of getting used to. Everything is on top of everything - in some cases literally. We have managed to squeeze 3 rooms into one, so we still have a "living room" (read: loveseat and chair), dining room (read: very small table with chairs) and bedroom (w/all of the pieces spread around the space to accommodate a slice of the available wall space. It's tight. Good thing we like each other.

Thankfully, we do have a separate bathroom. With a door. Everyone needs 5 minutes of privacy now and then.

But you're probably wondering how I'm faring with the outdoor "kitchen", right? Not too shabby, I'm happy to say! I guess you can take the foodie out of the kitchen...wait, that doesn't really work. Maybe better to say, when you love food, you can learn to work it anywhere! It helps that it's summer and there's already an abundance of delicious food that needs very minimal work to make it taste good. But I've also started working on my grill skills. I've never been much of a grill-lover, what with the plant-based diet and all, but I'm learning and loving it.

Here are a few pics of the magic from our first week Home:

Citrus Ginger Marinated Chicken Kabobs with Grilled Mushrooms, served with Curried Okra

Grilled Summer Squash & Zucchini, Grilled Chili-Spiced Corn, Blackened Shrimp and Grilled Peaches

On the Grill Peanut Butter S'mores (make like regular, wrap in foil and toss on the grill until warmed - I did this when dinner was finished and the grill was off - residual heat) - Ridiculous good.

No comments: