Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Green Goodness

With one quick day home between business trips, I arrive to discover that my garden is bursting with goodness!  The radishes continue to grow beautifully and the turnips are finally starting to get bigger.  Of my six asparagus crowns, five have sprouted and are looking great (of course I can't eat them for 2 more years, but they're still pretty to look at).  My sage and rosemary are filling in, and I'm ready to plant some tomatoes and peppers.  Yum!


Since I had some beautiful radishes ready to eat, I plucked them from the earth and giving them a good rinse, I chopped the greens and quartered the bulbs to make a salad.


I added some fresh parsley, jicama, chickpeas, and red onions.   Stirring together the olive oil, lime juice, a sprinkle of salt and some fresh ground pepper, I created a quick dressing for the veg.

Fantastic.  Fresh and delicious, the crunch of the radishes and the slightly spicy greens, with the creamy chickpeas and tangy lime dressing was the perfect spring snack.  Next time, I'll add a little fresh mint, but it wasn't quite ready for eating.  What are you eating from your garden?

No comments: