Thursday, February 16, 2012

Road Food: City of Angels

My job allows me to travel a lot.  Some of it is to very cool places with great restaurants and fun things to see.  Some of it isn't.  But I still think that road food is interesting!  To that end, you can count on some posts from the road when it applies.  This weekend I hopped a jet plane and traveled to the other side of the country to promote Peanut Butter for Breakfast with the National Peanut Board.  (Disclaimer: I work for the National Peanut Board, but this is my personal blog.  Nothing here is meant to represent the National Peanut Board in any official capacity.  I do genuinely love peanuts and think they are exceptionally nutritious! =)



Anyway, when it comes to road food, I'm in a hurry a lot.  And there's also some waiting.  It's often the wrong time of the day (for instance, I'm writing this and my body things it's 8:30 and I haven't had dinner yet...it's only 5:30 in LA and dinner's still an hour and a half away).  My schedule isn't my own.  So what's a girl to do?  Here are my top priorities when I travel:
  • Take every opportunity to get something nutritious in me, including packing snacks.  
  • Drink lots of fresh water.
  • Workout.  Run if the city is a good one for that (BTW - LA is not).
  • Stay in my timezone (as much as possible).
  • Sleep.
Before boarding the plane, I hit the Starbucks to fuel up and to get a liter of water.   Airplane air is SO dry.  Two bev service meant I had peanuts and coffee twice, plus Bloody Mary mix (no vodka, of course...I'm working!) which is high in vitamin C, and Biscoff.  I also packed snacks - a peanut butter Clif bar.  Before I knew it we were on the ground.  And it was only 9am in LA.  TBC...

No comments: