Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peanut Butter, Cream Cheese, & Banana Stuffed French Toast

Breakfast is such an important way to start the day, yet most people don't bother.  Getting something into your system early helps provide energy after a long fast and stokes the fire of the metabolism. I wish I had time to cook the full deal, fancy schmancy breakfast every day of the week - scrambled or poached eggs, waffles, and especially French Toast.  Alas, my life's just not that leisurely.  Usually, I am quickly throwing something together - my favorite green smoothie, a peanut butter and banana sandwich, or instant oatmeal (when I get to the office) - and running out the door.  But for the weekend...I get to take my time, like this.

Fresh ground peanut butter blended with Neufchatel cheese, cinnamon and a scant teaspoon of sugar.
 Sliced bananas sandwiched between seedy bread slathered with the PB and cheesy mix and then dunk into the egg mixture (whole eggs, whole milk, and cinnamon).

Into the pan to brown both sides.


Top with a little maple syrup and serve with a fresh fruit salad.


Love, love, love this!  It's is a new favorite in our house.  It was quick and delicious, yet looks like a time consuming dish good enough for company.  Hope this gives you some inspiration for the upcoming weekend...or sooner...if you have a more leisurely life than me. ;)

No comments: